Friday, September 9

Helpers shortage!!

Hari Raya holiday is coming to an end soon. For a housewife and mom like me is a nightmare because as recently there is a shortage for nannies and maids. It's not happening to me only, but also to a few friends of mine. Peeking over their blackberry status, Facebook status, they are all complaining the same thing.

A close friend declares that the war on looking for nannies will begin next week. Sounds scary? It is indeed a battlefield and it's not easy to find a good nanny. The good ones are usually taken fast or their previous owner won't let them go by increasing their pay. Some friends even have strategies to get their choice of nanny. I believe this kind of situation only happens in Indonesia. We are so used to have helpers in the house to do everything, and now we are so dependable of having helpers to take care of a child. Pampered? Absolutely however Unavoidable.

As for me, I haven't got one either. I don't have any strategies like them. Am I scared and worried? Well a bit, the fact I really need to get one before I can go back to work. But on the other hand I am learning to take care of the baby by my own, in case I didn't get any nanny at all!

No comments: