Monday, October 6

Quote:

Most of us are not raised to actively encounter our destiny. We may not know
that we have one. As children, we are seldom told we have a place in life that
is uniquely ours alone. Instead, we are encouraged to believe that our life
should somehow fulfill the expectations of others, that we will (or should) find
our satisfactions as they have found theirs. Rather than being taugh to ask
ourselves who we are, we are schooled to ask others. We are, in effect, trained
to listen to others' versions of ourselves. We are brought up in our life as
told to us by someone else! When we survey our lives, seeking to fulfill our
creativity, we often see we had a dream that went glimmering because we
believed, and those around us believed, that the dream was beyond our reach.
Many of us would have been, or at least might have been, done, tried something,
if...If we had known who we really were.

Author:
Julie Cameron
Source:
The Vein of Gold : A Journey to Your Creative Heart by Julia Cameron

This quote really reflects on what I am doing right now. Living to pursue other people's dream. Sometimes i forget what i want...or even afraid of saying or taking that big steps to achieve my own dream...And that leads me to ask...who am I? All I know is I am my parent's daughter..If there is no parent..then who am I?

No comments: