Wednesday, November 12

There is no short cut to bake a good pie afterall....



The only time that I have ever baked a pie was back in the school days...It is easy to bake a pie ( I thought so) coz I have alwas bought "just unrolled Pillsbury Pie Crust", the only i need to do is add eggs, milk/water and then knead.....which make baking seems easy....Today while i was blog browsing on fod blogs....I got this interesting article on pie baking... If you really want a good looking pie...you really need to put some hard work...and I think I really need to learn more to bake a good pie...Happy reading...

The article below is taken directly from http://blog.kimvallee.com/archive/2008/11/05/the-art-of-making-decorative-piecrust-by-martha-stewart.aspx
Pies are the ultimate comfort food. Thanksgiving and Christmas would not feel the same without pies. Do not worry; there is still plenty of time to practice your pie making skills.

I turned to Martha Stewart’s for help. I was sure to find on her Web site teaches a few tricks on piecrust decoration. Whether you are a novice baker or you simply wish to fine-tune your technique, read the 6 steps of rolling out a piecrust. What you will need is:

Pate brisee (pie dough) – Read how to make Pate Brisee, also in 6 steps
Flour, for work surface
Rolling pin
Long offset spatula
Pie plate
Scissors
Ruler
Egg wash
Pastry brush
Then, perfect the art of piecrust decoration from the simple crimped edge up to the elegant lattice top.

No comments: